Before I moved mom in with me after she retired back in 2007, during the hot summer months, in order to keep the electric bill as low as possible, I'd put the thermostat on 80F, and just dress "light" and run fans to make up the difference. When mom was here, since she started paying most of the bills, she would keep the thermostat on 72F or cooler during the summer months. Now that she's gone, I find myself slipping back into the old habits again in order to keep bills down. Thermostat is again set to 80F, I'm dressing "light", and running fans. I'm not getting as much on my disability checks as I would have if I could still work (actually about $300 LESS per month by my estimation), so I'm REALLY having to cut corners where I can. Luckily, my food bill is less now than it was before the esophagus surgery in 2018, because the surgery, apart from removing the stricture, also had the "side effect" of making my stomach smaller, so I'm not eating NEAR as much as a result.