From The Ill-Fated "Never Try To Reboot" Dept.
This short lived series produced by Tape and Record Show Enterprises in late 1984, after Randy Haney started getting a bit "lax" in his production of his "Life of Elvis" show, was a bad idea from the concept. You really can't do the "Life of Elvis" without Randy Haney, yet James Stricklin and I tried it with this reformatted show, which ran for a whopping four episodes, the first three of which I digitized from the original "broadcast" audio cassettes this evening...
"The All-New Life of Elvis, Episode 1. Broadcast Wednesday, November 7, 1984 at 7:30pm central. Theme Music: Graceland To The Promised Land (Merle Haggard). James Stricklin and Albert Sims replace Randy Haney as hosts of the popular series. Songs on this weeks edition include: Faded Love (with Randy Haney in 1981), Maybelline, That's All Right Mama, I Got A Woman, When It Rains It Really Pours, and a "TV Guide" interview with Elvis.
The All-New Life of Elvis, Episode 2. Broadcast Wednesday, November 14, 1984 at 7:30pm central. Theme Music: Graceland To The Promised Land (Merle Haggard). James Stricklin and Albert Sims replace Randy Haney as hosts of the popular series. Songs and segments on this weeks edition include: Blue Moon, Mystery Train, interview with Elvis discussing his beginnings in music, Baby Let's Play House (studio version), Baby Let's Play House (live Louisiana Hayride version), Milkcow Blues Boogie, I'm Left She's Right You're Gone.
The All-New Life of Elvis, Episode 3. Broadcast Wednesday, November 28, 1984 at 7:30pm central. Theme Music: Graceland To The Promised Land (Merle Haggard). Songs and interview segments on this weeks edition include: I Can Help, Crawfish (from the movie "King Creole"), If You Love Me Let Me Know, Don't Be Cruel (with Randy Haney from the original "Life of Elvis"), and Elvis talks about fans and TV appearances."
James' wife, who was ironically Randy Haney's sister Michelle at the time, was in studio and also was watching over their first offspring, daughter Janice, who can be heard occasionally crying in the background in these recordings. James and I joked the crying sounds was Randy who would be upset that we took over his show. After James told Michelle to "shut up" herself commenting in the background in episode two, I joked about "divorce"... that might have been a precedent prediction, since it actually happened. Went through a messy divorce myself a little over a decade later after a four year marriage. Seems the only successful marriages of people I know is Randy, Paul Morrison, and several other Facebook friends from high school days. I've been by myself mostly since 1997.
"The All-New Life of Elvis, Episode 1. Broadcast Wednesday, November 7, 1984 at 7:30pm central. Theme Music: Graceland To The Promised Land (Merle Haggard). James Stricklin and Albert Sims replace Randy Haney as hosts of the popular series. Songs on this weeks edition include: Faded Love (with Randy Haney in 1981), Maybelline, That's All Right Mama, I Got A Woman, When It Rains It Really Pours, and a "TV Guide" interview with Elvis.
The All-New Life of Elvis, Episode 2. Broadcast Wednesday, November 14, 1984 at 7:30pm central. Theme Music: Graceland To The Promised Land (Merle Haggard). James Stricklin and Albert Sims replace Randy Haney as hosts of the popular series. Songs and segments on this weeks edition include: Blue Moon, Mystery Train, interview with Elvis discussing his beginnings in music, Baby Let's Play House (studio version), Baby Let's Play House (live Louisiana Hayride version), Milkcow Blues Boogie, I'm Left She's Right You're Gone.
The All-New Life of Elvis, Episode 3. Broadcast Wednesday, November 28, 1984 at 7:30pm central. Theme Music: Graceland To The Promised Land (Merle Haggard). Songs and interview segments on this weeks edition include: I Can Help, Crawfish (from the movie "King Creole"), If You Love Me Let Me Know, Don't Be Cruel (with Randy Haney from the original "Life of Elvis"), and Elvis talks about fans and TV appearances."
James' wife, who was ironically Randy Haney's sister Michelle at the time, was in studio and also was watching over their first offspring, daughter Janice, who can be heard occasionally crying in the background in these recordings. James and I joked the crying sounds was Randy who would be upset that we took over his show. After James told Michelle to "shut up" herself commenting in the background in episode two, I joked about "divorce"... that might have been a precedent prediction, since it actually happened. Went through a messy divorce myself a little over a decade later after a four year marriage. Seems the only successful marriages of people I know is Randy, Paul Morrison, and several other Facebook friends from high school days. I've been by myself mostly since 1997.