albert71292 😏nostalgic

Buying Old LPs

I think I may be going down a "rabbit hole". While digitizing my old cassettes, I've been reminded of albums I checked out of the library in the late 1970's and recorded onto cheap cassettes, using a cheap portable turntable with a built-in speaker, and recorded onto a cheap portable monophonic cassette recorder with an external microphone. Sound quality was FAR from great on those old tapes.

Earlier today, I received the first vinyl LP I've purchased since the late 1980's. It is one of those albums I had checked out of the library and recorded back then, and always wanted an actual physical copy of. The cuts from the LP were used as "interstitial" segments on the earliest "Tape and Record Show" episodes from 1979. The LP was released in 1973, yet I was able to find a still sealed copy from an online seller on Discogs for a reasonable price. I'll be opening and digitizing it soon.

This evening, I ordered another old out of print LP from Discogs I had checked out of the library and recorded back then. Not still sealed, but seller was verified on Discogs, and the album is "near mint", and has the shrink wrap still on the cover.

The album which arrived today (Yes, I'm odd)...

will_rogers_LP_04_16_2023.jpg