Tonight I continued the Tape and Record Show Enterprises audio cassette digitization project, converting the next two "flagship" episodes of "The Tape and Record Show", and moved an earlier digitized episode into the "Season Eight and Nine" digital folder... "The Tape and Record Show: Episode 476. Broadcast Friday, July 3, 1987 at 10:00pm central. Theme Music: Portable Radio(Daryl Hall and John Oates). "The Honeymooners" - Ralph and Ed decide to become songwriters. / "Fawlty Towers: Communication Problems" - The arrival of the "guest from hell" — Mrs. Richards, a rather deaf, dotty and bad-tempered woman — interferes with Basil's attempts to prevent the money he won on a racehorse from being discovered by Sybil, who disapproves of gambling. The Tape and Record Show: Episode 477. Broadcast Friday, September 16, 1988 at 10:00pm central. Theme Music: Portable Radio(Daryl Hall and John Oates). "Phil Collins Live At Perkins Palace" - Phil Collins appears in a 1984 concert performance. Songs Include: I Don't Care Anymore, I Cannot Believe It's True, Thru These Walls, I Missed Again, Behind The Lines, The Roof Is Leaking, The West Side, In The Air Tonight, You Can't Hurry Love, It Don't Matter To Me, People Get Ready. Also, Phil reflects on his career. The Tape and Record Show: Episode 478. Broadcast Friday, December 13, 1991 at 10:00pm central. Theme Music: Diddling(Bo Diddly). "Scenes From Those Unreleased TRSE Recording Sessions #2" . A follow-up to the popular 1986 special. Included in this new 90 minute compilation: Randy sings the "KLIC radio bumper"(1981), Albert Sims and James Stricklin at the "E.T. Food Palace", who sing Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me With Science" while in character as "Jim Bob" and "Doug Tobias"(1985), a disastrous "James Stricklin Happy Hour" spoof of "Gunsmoke with James(Festus), Albert(Matt), Michelle Stricklin(Miss Kitty)(who gets "obscene" in the microphone), and Jerry Sanders(Newly)(1985), "The Stars:Behind the Scenes" Rehearsal-Take 1(the only time the attempted "novel" by Albert Sims was read aloud by the people planned to portray the characters later on video-which never came to be), James and Albert on the "Late Night Walk-Part II" talking about peeking into windows(1984), Paul Morrison bloops during his theme music(1988), Paul is at a loss for words on "An Evening with Paul Morrison"(1985), and Randy Haney performs "Blue Christmas" and "Why Can't Everyday Be Like Christmas" by Elvis Presley(1985)." With these transfers, I'm entering the "sputtering" phase in Tape and Record Show Enterprises history, which is around the time I started seriously dating for the first time since before starting the "recording organization" in 1979, and I kind of put things on the back burner as a secondary priority, since the person I was dating wasn't interested in having her voice recorded. You'll notice from the program descriptions for these three episodes, there is over a year gap between each of them, over three years between episodes 477 and 478. I had split with the person I was dating in 1991, so attempted to start things back up. However, the first "comeback" episode in 1991 had no actual "new" content, instead being a compilation of unreleased excerpts from recording sessions from older programs. Probably the worst previously unreleased excerpt in the episode is our attempt to spoof the classic "Gunsmoke" for "The James Stricklin Happy Hour" in 1985. It is a tragic mess. Best/funniest thing in the episode is numerous "takes" Paul Morrison made trying to record the "master" of the closing theme music to his weekly series, being one of the few times I kept "bloopers" to those types of recordings. Lots of Paul "cracking up" after misreading the credits in the outtakes. RANDOM NOTE: The show continued regularly during part of the "off time", but mainly with repeats from the past decade. "New" episodes were few and far between. The "flagship" series ended up 13 episodes short of hitting the 500 episode mark before completely shutting down later in the 1990's, ending on a dreaded "cliffhanger".