November Jukeboxes
This evening, digitized four more episodes of the Tape and Record Show "spin-off" series "TRS Jukebox", from the original edited "broadcast" audio cassettes...
"TRS Jukebox: Episode 17: Broadcast Thursday, November 3, 1983 at 7:00pm central. Theme Music: HBO Video Jukebox Theme. - Songs include: Going Overboard(The Fixx), Kiss The Bride(Elton John), Burning Down The House(Talking Heads), Tell Her About It(Billy Joel), I Eat Cannibals(Total Coelo), Party Train(The Gap Band), I Love Rock 'n' Roll(Joan Jett and the Blackhearts), Piss On The Wall(J.Geils Band).
TRS Jukebox: Episode 18: Broadcast Thursday, November 10, 1983 at 7:00pm central. Theme Music: HBO Video Jukebox Theme. - Songs include: Rage In The Cage(J. Geils Band), Thriller(Michael Jackson), Electricity(Midnight Star), Africa(Daryl Hall and John Oates), Another One Bites The Dust(Queen), Another One Rides The Bus("Weird Al" Yankovic), Superfreak(Rick James).
TRS Jukebox: Episode 19: Broadcast Thursday, November 17, 1983 at 7:00pm central. Theme Music: HBO Video Jukebox Theme. - Songs include: Love Is A Stranger(Eurythmics), Hard Day's Night(The Beatles), Theme From Rawhide(The Blues Brothers), Lies(Thompson Twins), Just Got Lucky(Jo Boxers), Dead Giveaway(Shalamar), Everyday I Write The Book(Elvis Costello), Alligator Woman(Cameo), Maniac(Michael Sembello).
TRS Jukebox: Episode 20: Broadcast Thursday, November 24, 1983 at 7:00pm central. Theme Music: HBO Video Jukebox Theme. - Songs include: Rap Boy Rap(Thompson Twins), I Should Have Known Better(The Beatles), Peter Gunn Theme(The Blues Brothers Band), I Know(Philip Bailey), Hold Me(Fleetwood Mac), Crumblin' Down(John Cougar Mellencamp), Juke Box Hero(Foreigner)."
Had "playback issues" while transferring episode 17, near the middle of the episode. The old unreliable Memorex cassette decided to just "stop", and once I got it started again, there was a few seconds of serious "warble" during "I Eat Cannibals", which will be present in the digital file. Out of ALL the brands of cassettes in the Tape and Record Show Enterprises archives, the Memorex and Radio Shack "Realistic" brands have had the most "issues", mostly pressure pad failure. Even the budget Certron, Laser, and Alcon branded cassettes have held up better. Granted, these tapes are 39 years old, but still...you pay a premium price back then, you expect something to be more "permanent", especially if the tapes have been played less than ten times each over the decades.
"TRS Jukebox: Episode 17: Broadcast Thursday, November 3, 1983 at 7:00pm central. Theme Music: HBO Video Jukebox Theme. - Songs include: Going Overboard(The Fixx), Kiss The Bride(Elton John), Burning Down The House(Talking Heads), Tell Her About It(Billy Joel), I Eat Cannibals(Total Coelo), Party Train(The Gap Band), I Love Rock 'n' Roll(Joan Jett and the Blackhearts), Piss On The Wall(J.Geils Band).
TRS Jukebox: Episode 18: Broadcast Thursday, November 10, 1983 at 7:00pm central. Theme Music: HBO Video Jukebox Theme. - Songs include: Rage In The Cage(J. Geils Band), Thriller(Michael Jackson), Electricity(Midnight Star), Africa(Daryl Hall and John Oates), Another One Bites The Dust(Queen), Another One Rides The Bus("Weird Al" Yankovic), Superfreak(Rick James).
TRS Jukebox: Episode 19: Broadcast Thursday, November 17, 1983 at 7:00pm central. Theme Music: HBO Video Jukebox Theme. - Songs include: Love Is A Stranger(Eurythmics), Hard Day's Night(The Beatles), Theme From Rawhide(The Blues Brothers), Lies(Thompson Twins), Just Got Lucky(Jo Boxers), Dead Giveaway(Shalamar), Everyday I Write The Book(Elvis Costello), Alligator Woman(Cameo), Maniac(Michael Sembello).
TRS Jukebox: Episode 20: Broadcast Thursday, November 24, 1983 at 7:00pm central. Theme Music: HBO Video Jukebox Theme. - Songs include: Rap Boy Rap(Thompson Twins), I Should Have Known Better(The Beatles), Peter Gunn Theme(The Blues Brothers Band), I Know(Philip Bailey), Hold Me(Fleetwood Mac), Crumblin' Down(John Cougar Mellencamp), Juke Box Hero(Foreigner)."
Had "playback issues" while transferring episode 17, near the middle of the episode. The old unreliable Memorex cassette decided to just "stop", and once I got it started again, there was a few seconds of serious "warble" during "I Eat Cannibals", which will be present in the digital file. Out of ALL the brands of cassettes in the Tape and Record Show Enterprises archives, the Memorex and Radio Shack "Realistic" brands have had the most "issues", mostly pressure pad failure. Even the budget Certron, Laser, and Alcon branded cassettes have held up better. Granted, these tapes are 39 years old, but still...you pay a premium price back then, you expect something to be more "permanent", especially if the tapes have been played less than ten times each over the decades.