albert71292 😊accomplished

Grease Stage Version and Eddie Murphy Standup

After taking some time off, went into the Tape and Record Show Enterprises archives again this evening and digitized two more "broadcasts" from the original cheap audio cassettes from season six of the "flagship" series "The Tape and Record Show" ...

"The Tape & Record Show: Episode 434, Broadcast Friday, December 7, 1984 at 10:00pm central. Theme Music: One Thing Leads to Another(The Fixx). "Grease: The Original Broadway Cast Recording" - Music from one of the longest running Broadway shows of all time. Music: Alma Mater, Alma Mater(Parody), Summer Nights, Those Magic Changes, Freddy My Love, Greased Lightning, Mooning, Look At Me I'm Sandra Dee, We Go Together, It's Raining On Prom Night, Born To Hand Jive, Beauty School Dropout, Alone At A Drive In Movie, Rock 'n' Roll Party Queen, There Are Worse Things I Could Do, All Choked Up, We Go Together(Reprise). / "TRS Jukebox: Curly Shuffle(Jump In The Saddle Band), Rockin' Robin(Michael Jackson), Shine-O-Myte(Bootsy Collins).

The Tape & Record Show: Episode 435, Broadcast Friday, December 14, 1984 at 10:00pm central. Theme Music: One Thing Leads to Another(The Fixx). "Eddie Murphy: Delirious" - Saturday Night Live's top comedian appears solo in this special, first broadcast on Home Box Office. Subject matter centers around gays, Aids, sex, singers, kids and ice cream, parents, and family get-togethers."

Episode 434 consisted of an album I never knew existed until Randy Haney used it for a few songs on some of his earlier recordings (I already had the movie soundtrack version). By the time this episode of "The Tape and Record Show" was produced however, I had acquired my own copy of the album. Randy's copy of the old MGM released LP was already in sad shape even when he did his early recordings. To fill out the hour was an abbreviated episode of "TRS Jukebox".

Episode 435 brings "The Tape and Record Show" back into the "politically incorrect" realm by today's standards. This time, it's not TRSE's Paul Morrison or Randy Haney making "politically incorrect" remarks, instead, it's comedian Eddie Murphy, in his 1983 HBO stand-up special. Even Eddie himself was quoted years after the special as saying he regretted a lot of the jokes he made at the time. These recordings are "a product of their time" however, and I'm preserving them "as is".