A Very Brady Digitization
This evening, I digitized the audio of the remaining episodes from season three of my old pretend radio show "The Tape and Record Show" from the Tape and Record Show Enterprises "archives" which featured episodes from the short-lived series "The Brady Brides" from 1981, in order of conversion...
"The Tape & Record Show: Episode 275. Broadcast Friday, September 11,1981 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: New Asteroid Field(John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra). "The Brady Brides: The Mom Who Came to Dinner" - Carol temporarily moves in with Marcia, Jan and their husbands. / Take Your Girlie To The Movies(Billy Murray).
The Tape & Record Show: Episode 281. Broadcast Friday, September 25,1981 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: New Asteroid Field(John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra). "The Brady Brides: Cool Hand Phil" - Phil loses in the polls for best teacher and Wally helps him become popular.
The Tape & Record Show: Episode 295. Broadcast Friday, October 23,1981 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: New Asteroid Field(John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra). "The Brady Brides: A Pretty Boy Is Like a Melody" - Marcia is forced to use Wally and Philip in her fashion show after her models go on strike. / Bo Weevil(Fats Domino).
The Tape & Record Show: Episode 298. Broadcast Friday, November 6,1981 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: New Asteroid Field(John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra). "The Brady Brides: The Siege" - When an investigator shows up at the door, the Logans and Brady-Covingtons are thrown into disarray; Wally pretends to be Phillip, fearing retribution for unpaid parking tickets.
The Tape & Record Show: Episode 306. Broadcast Friday, November 20,1981 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: New Asteroid Field(John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra). "The Brady Brides: The Newlywed Game" - Game show host Bob Eubanks asks Marcia and Jan to appear on The Newlywed Game with their new husbands.
The Tape & Record Show: Episode 313. Broadcast Friday, December 4,1981 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: New Asteroid Field(John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra). "The Brady Brides: Gorilla of My Dreams" - Marcia and Jan get some self-defense lessons from their mother, while a thief attempts to burglarize their home."
It occurred to me this evening that eventually,by the end of season three of "The Tape and Record Show", EVERY episode of "The Brady Brides" audio was "broadcast", yet "The Tape and Record Show" never included an episode of the original "Brady Bunch" series. Can't really remember that far back, but I'm assuming at the time I started audio recording shows off TV with my old cassette recorder, no local station was airing the original series in syndication, so I had no way of acquiring it. This was before cable TV was available in my area, so I had to rely on whatever was aired on KNOE(CBS), KTVE(NBC), KARD(ABC), or KLTM(PBS) for my source material.
My project will get a tad simpler once I get all the season three "Tape and Record Show" episodes transferred. Starting with season four, I made the TRSE "flagship" show a once a week one hour series, instead of almost a daily half hour show. Also, I won't have to search for individual elements included in each episode starting with season four for most episodes, since by that time I had equipment to copy cassettes, so I started assembling/editing every episode from then on onto "broadcast ready" tapes. Most of those tapes still exist and are in the "season" boxes.
"The Tape & Record Show: Episode 275. Broadcast Friday, September 11,1981 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: New Asteroid Field(John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra). "The Brady Brides: The Mom Who Came to Dinner" - Carol temporarily moves in with Marcia, Jan and their husbands. / Take Your Girlie To The Movies(Billy Murray).
The Tape & Record Show: Episode 281. Broadcast Friday, September 25,1981 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: New Asteroid Field(John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra). "The Brady Brides: Cool Hand Phil" - Phil loses in the polls for best teacher and Wally helps him become popular.
The Tape & Record Show: Episode 295. Broadcast Friday, October 23,1981 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: New Asteroid Field(John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra). "The Brady Brides: A Pretty Boy Is Like a Melody" - Marcia is forced to use Wally and Philip in her fashion show after her models go on strike. / Bo Weevil(Fats Domino).
The Tape & Record Show: Episode 298. Broadcast Friday, November 6,1981 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: New Asteroid Field(John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra). "The Brady Brides: The Siege" - When an investigator shows up at the door, the Logans and Brady-Covingtons are thrown into disarray; Wally pretends to be Phillip, fearing retribution for unpaid parking tickets.
The Tape & Record Show: Episode 306. Broadcast Friday, November 20,1981 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: New Asteroid Field(John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra). "The Brady Brides: The Newlywed Game" - Game show host Bob Eubanks asks Marcia and Jan to appear on The Newlywed Game with their new husbands.
The Tape & Record Show: Episode 313. Broadcast Friday, December 4,1981 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: New Asteroid Field(John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra). "The Brady Brides: Gorilla of My Dreams" - Marcia and Jan get some self-defense lessons from their mother, while a thief attempts to burglarize their home."
It occurred to me this evening that eventually,by the end of season three of "The Tape and Record Show", EVERY episode of "The Brady Brides" audio was "broadcast", yet "The Tape and Record Show" never included an episode of the original "Brady Bunch" series. Can't really remember that far back, but I'm assuming at the time I started audio recording shows off TV with my old cassette recorder, no local station was airing the original series in syndication, so I had no way of acquiring it. This was before cable TV was available in my area, so I had to rely on whatever was aired on KNOE(CBS), KTVE(NBC), KARD(ABC), or KLTM(PBS) for my source material.
My project will get a tad simpler once I get all the season three "Tape and Record Show" episodes transferred. Starting with season four, I made the TRSE "flagship" show a once a week one hour series, instead of almost a daily half hour show. Also, I won't have to search for individual elements included in each episode starting with season four for most episodes, since by that time I had equipment to copy cassettes, so I started assembling/editing every episode from then on onto "broadcast ready" tapes. Most of those tapes still exist and are in the "season" boxes.