albert71292 😊accomplished

Star Trek and Star Wars

Digitized two more half hour episodes and one 90-minute "broadcast" from season two of Tape and Record Show Enterprises flagship series "The Tape and Record Show" this evening...

"The Tape & Record Show: Episode 187. Broadcast Tuesday, December 24,1980 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: Asteroid Field(John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra). "Star Trek: The Deadly Years" - A landing party from the Enterprise is exposed to strange form of radiation which rapidly ages them. (Part One of Two).

The Tape & Record Show: Episode 188. Broadcast Wednesday, December 25,1980 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: Asteroid Field(John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra). "Star Trek: The Deadly Years" - A landing party from the Enterprise is exposed to strange form of radiation which rapidly ages them. (Part Two of Two).

The Tape & Record Show: Episode 190. Broadcast Friday, December 27,1980 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: Asteroid Field(John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra). Soundtrack album of "Star Wars"(Part One) - Main Title, Imperial Attack, Princess Leia's Theme, The Desert and The Robot Auction, Ben's Death and TIE fighter Attack, The Little People Work, Rescue of the Princess, Inner City, Cantina Band. / "You Bet Your Life"- Hosted by Buddy Hackett. Secret word is "Refrigerator". / Soundtrack album of "Star Wars"(Part Two) - The Land of The Sandpeople, Mouse Robot and Blasting Off, The Return Home, The Walls Converge, The Princess Appears, The Last Battle, The Throne Room and End Title ."

Episodes 187 and 188 were your basic off-air audio recording of an episode of "Star Trek", aired on the local NBC station from a worn syndication film print, split into two half hours for the Tape and Record Show "broadcasts". Not much else to say about those.

Episode 190 is obviously an example of what I said in yesterday's post, "assume I was getting short on new content, and was just grabbing what I had in the "archives" and tossing those contents into a blender". That episode was an odd hour and a half length episode "aired" on a weekday instead on a weekend. It included the entire 2-LP record set of the "Star Wars" original motion picture soundtrack, along with a slightly edited (for time) episode of Buddy Hackett's version of "You Bet Your Life" stuck between albums to pad the episode out closer to 90 minutes, since the run-time of the soundtrack was around 74 minutes total. Remember, back then, very little was actually compiled onto tape in "show form", so when "broadcasting" those episodes, I had to manually change out sources for each segment. I'm having to "compile" the episodes today for these digitizations.

As I've also mentioned in these posts previously, I've had a few "issues", such as broken tapes, tapes where the "pressure pad" has rotted away, requiring repairs on the tapes, and having to find "alternate sources" if possible for segments if the tapes are either "too far gone" for use or are missing. One "annoyance" in this evenings project was the original "Star Wars" soundtrack album. It played fine after all these years, but I had forgotten how it was formatted. The first album had sides"One and Four". The second album had sides "Two and Three". In other words, the album was formatted to be used in a "record stacker" player, so I had to go back and forth switching out albums to get them transferred in the proper order. The "20th Century Records" label hasn't been around in decades.