Between last night and this evening, I completed the digital conversions of episodes 76 through 82 of Tape and Record Show Enterprises "flagship" series "The Tape and Record Show". Since I have to "assemble" these earliest episodes again from scratch, I spent all of yesterday evening locating and digitizing the original audio cassettes I originally recorded from a TV speaker in the late 1970's. Four "segments" were old radio programs which I had purchased at the time, from a mail order company called "National Recording Company" from Glenview,Illinois, and still had those handy. Located all the terrible sounding self-recorded cassettes I needed for these episodes, except one, the "Monty Python's Flying Circus" episode, so I used an "alternate source", in other words, I extracted the audio from the DVD set. Had to do a "repair" on the cassette containing one of the "I Dream of Jeannie" episodes, since the felt pressure pad in the cassette housing had dry-rotted over the decades. Luckily, from the "broadcast" premiere of "The Tape and Record Show" on June 28,1979 onwards, even though I only had one cassette player and manually switched the segments in every episode, I DID write what I included on each "episode" on index cards, and still have those on file. Wasn't until over two years later I had more equipment, and was able to start "editing" newer episodes together on a second cassette. So, I have quite a long way to go in the digital "compilation/assembly" department before I reach those episodes. It's going to be a "chore" to say the least. The later stuff is a bit easier, I just grab the already edited/assembled cassette, play it, and convert it, without having to dig and find the separate segments. I'm still POSITIVE there will be "Tape and Record Show" episodes I'll have to skip and label as "missing", because if some elements are missing in the archives, and I'm unable to find "alternate sources", I'll unfortunately have to omit those altogether. Since I was in my mid-teens at the time, I wasn't the most "organized" person on the planet. These episodes are prior to Randy Haney, Jerry Sanders, James Stricklin, Paul Morrison, etc. joining Tape and Record Show Enterprises, it was only me at the time, thus the reason none of them are mentioned in this post at all. Oh wait... darn it! :-P "The Tape & Record Show: Episode 76. Broadcast Monday, October 22,1979 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: A Piece of Cake(Jerry Reed). "My Hands Are Tied"(Merle Haggard) / "I Dream of Jeannie: Djinn-Djinn, the Pied Piper" - Gen. Schaeffer prevails upon Tony to take Jupiter, Schaeffer's pet Great Dane, for a training walk. Tagging along is Jeannie's magical mutt Djinn-Djinn, who takes an instant dislike to Jupiter. The two dogs go missing and then wind up at the pound. Tony must try and rescue them, while Djinn-Djinn causes chaos there. The Tape & Record Show: Episode 77. Broadcast Tuesday, October 23,1979 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: A Piece of Cake(Jerry Reed). "The Amos 'n Andy Show: The Kingfish Gets An Insulting Valentine"(February 16, 1945) - The Kingfish recieves an unsigned Valentine that ends up calling him a no-good, lazy, worthless bum. He doesn't know that his wife, Sapphire, sent it. The Tape & Record Show: Episode 78. Broadcast Wednesday, October 24,1979 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: A Piece of Cake(Jerry Reed). "Some Of Us Never Learn"(Merle Haggard) / "I Dream of Jeannie: Jeannie at the Piano" - Jeannie casts a spell on the piano in the Cocoa Beach officer's club, making Tony appear to be a musical virtuoso when he sits down to play. Amazed by Tony's talent, Gen. Schaeffer books the astronaut on a nationwide concert tour. The only problem is that it is the piano and not Tony that is issuing forth the music. Tony has to go to great lengths to make sure that piano is with him at every stop. The Tape & Record Show: Episode 79. Broadcast Thursday, October 25,1979 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: A Piece of Cake(Jerry Reed). "Big Town: Death Rides The Highway" - Steve Wilson, managing editor of the Illustrated Press and his assistant Lorelei Kilbourne, track down a hit and run killer. The Tape & Record Show: Episode 80. Broadcast Friday, October 26,1979 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: A Piece of Cake(Jerry Reed). "I Dream of Jeannie: Jeannie and the Bachelor Party" - Roger and Dr. Bellows plan on throwing Tony a bachelor party against Tony's wishes. Dr. Bellows idea for the party includes poker, cigars and football films, while Roger wants to throw one complete with girls, booze and a girl in the cake. They also plan on keeping it a secret. Unfortunately, a nosy Amanda gets suspicious. This then causes Jeannie and Amanda to head to NASA. / "Long Black Limosine"(Merle Haggard). The Tape & Record Show: Episode 81. Broadcast Saturday, October 27,1979 at 2:00pm central. Theme Music: A Piece of Cake(Jerry Reed). "The Amos 'n Andy Show: The Lovelorn Column"(February 2,1945) - Andy is writing a lovelorn column under an assumed name. In his column, he advises one girl, who signed her name 'Broken Hearted', to sue the man who jilted her for breach of promise. The man turns out to be Andy. / "Gilligan's Island: The Sound of Quacking" - The hungry castaways find a wild duck on the island, but they don't know whether to use it as food or attach a message to him and hope for rescue. / "I Made The Prison Band"(Merle Haggard). The Tape & Record Show: Episode 82. Broadcast Sunday, October 28,1979 at 2:00pm central. Theme Music: A Piece of Cake(Jerry Reed). "Monty Python's Flying Circus: Déjà Vu (or: Show 5)" / "The Red Skelton Show: Deadeye looks for Bowlegged Bullroose, Junior the mean little kid."