The Last Of The Scrap
Finished off the conversion of the "odd and unusual" Tape and Record Show Enterprises series "The TRS Scrap Pile" this evening...
"The TRS Scrap Pile: Episode 27. Broadcast Monday, April 8, 1985 at 9:00pm central. Theme Music: Burt Reynold's House/If You Love Me Tell Me Loud(John Morris/Mel Brooks). In this week's scrap pile: Highlights from the previous 13 shows of the series. "Ja Guy"(Grace Jones), "Shuffle Off to Buffalo" from the film "42nd Street", bloopers from "The James Stricklin Song Mirage" and "The Randy Haney Comedy Hour", bloopers from the Kermit Schafer collection, "I Don't Know"(The Blues Brothers), a scene from "TRS Scrap Pile's version of "War of the Worlds", W.C. Fields discusses Father's Day. (45 minute broadcast)
The TRS Scrap Pile: Episode 28. Unaired episode meant for possible series return in 1999. Theme Music: Burt Reynold's House/If You Love Me Tell Me Loud(John Morris/Mel Brooks). In this week's scrap pile: "Front Row Center"(National Lampoon), "Bitch"(Meridith Brooks), Opening scene from the motion picture "Scream" featuring Drew Barrymore, "Tennessee Waltz"(Elvis Presley rare home recording), "You Know My Name Look Up The Number"(The Beatles).
The TRS Scrap Pile: Episode 29. Unaired episode meant for possible series return in 1999. Theme Music: Burt Reynold's House/If You Love Me Tell Me Loud(John Morris/Mel Brooks). In this week's scrap pile: "Well Intentioned Blues"(National Lampoon), "Fake Ass Bitches"(2Pac Shakur), Shower/Principal Office scene from the motion picture "Porky's", "Hell"(Squirrel Nut Zippers), "Driving Instructor"[pilot script for a new TV series](Bob Newhart)."
Now, if you've actually been reading these digitization "progress reports", you are probably reading this one and saying to yourself, "Hey, wait a cotton pickin' minute! Wasn't this show supposed to have ended for GOOD after the two 45-minute 'best of' episodes? WTF is up with an episode 28 and 29???"
Well, let me attempt to explain. Yes, "The TRS Scrap Pile" ended in 1985 after episode 27. However, a couple years after my divorce, I thought about starting "Tape and Record Show Enterprises" back up, after fading it out the previous time in 1992, after a couple other "failed restarts", between my dating Sandra Williams and my marriage in 1993 to the now ex. The 1999 attempted resurgence lasted a whopping entire week, from October 11-18, 1999, then I gave up on the plan for a couple major reasons... 1) Only I and James Stricklin were available after all those years to produce new content, and 2) Two people weren't really enough to reproduce the "magic" the original run had created. That week only included "broadcasts" of a couple new episodes each of the flagship "The Tape and Record Show", "The James Stricklin Song Mirage", "The TRS Music Show", "TRS Jukebox", and a few "classic" episodes of "The Tape and Record Show".
If the resurgence had lasted longer, the two "extra" episodes of "The TRS Scrap Pile" I had edited together then in 1999 and have digitized this evening, would have eventually been added to the weekly "broadcast schedule", but alas, it never happened. I had actually forgotten about the two unaired episodes until I stumbled across them in the "archives" while digging tapes out for the conversions. I had written a 1999 copyright date on the cassette, that's how I know when the episodes were produced. I also know they went "unaired", because no "broadcast card" appears for episodes 28 or 29 in the files. Don't ask me WHERE the extra "production names" at the end of the new episodes came from, since listening to them for the first time in a couple decades, I can't remember for the life of me!
Of course, this doesn't end my digital conversion project. Still have numerous other TRSE series to finish converting, including over 400 more episodes of the flagship "Tape and Record Show" series. This just completes "The TRS Scrap Pile" series. Randy Haney's "Life of Elvis" has also been completed.
"The TRS Scrap Pile: Episode 27. Broadcast Monday, April 8, 1985 at 9:00pm central. Theme Music: Burt Reynold's House/If You Love Me Tell Me Loud(John Morris/Mel Brooks). In this week's scrap pile: Highlights from the previous 13 shows of the series. "Ja Guy"(Grace Jones), "Shuffle Off to Buffalo" from the film "42nd Street", bloopers from "The James Stricklin Song Mirage" and "The Randy Haney Comedy Hour", bloopers from the Kermit Schafer collection, "I Don't Know"(The Blues Brothers), a scene from "TRS Scrap Pile's version of "War of the Worlds", W.C. Fields discusses Father's Day. (45 minute broadcast)
The TRS Scrap Pile: Episode 28. Unaired episode meant for possible series return in 1999. Theme Music: Burt Reynold's House/If You Love Me Tell Me Loud(John Morris/Mel Brooks). In this week's scrap pile: "Front Row Center"(National Lampoon), "Bitch"(Meridith Brooks), Opening scene from the motion picture "Scream" featuring Drew Barrymore, "Tennessee Waltz"(Elvis Presley rare home recording), "You Know My Name Look Up The Number"(The Beatles).
The TRS Scrap Pile: Episode 29. Unaired episode meant for possible series return in 1999. Theme Music: Burt Reynold's House/If You Love Me Tell Me Loud(John Morris/Mel Brooks). In this week's scrap pile: "Well Intentioned Blues"(National Lampoon), "Fake Ass Bitches"(2Pac Shakur), Shower/Principal Office scene from the motion picture "Porky's", "Hell"(Squirrel Nut Zippers), "Driving Instructor"[pilot script for a new TV series](Bob Newhart)."
Now, if you've actually been reading these digitization "progress reports", you are probably reading this one and saying to yourself, "Hey, wait a cotton pickin' minute! Wasn't this show supposed to have ended for GOOD after the two 45-minute 'best of' episodes? WTF is up with an episode 28 and 29???"
Well, let me attempt to explain. Yes, "The TRS Scrap Pile" ended in 1985 after episode 27. However, a couple years after my divorce, I thought about starting "Tape and Record Show Enterprises" back up, after fading it out the previous time in 1992, after a couple other "failed restarts", between my dating Sandra Williams and my marriage in 1993 to the now ex. The 1999 attempted resurgence lasted a whopping entire week, from October 11-18, 1999, then I gave up on the plan for a couple major reasons... 1) Only I and James Stricklin were available after all those years to produce new content, and 2) Two people weren't really enough to reproduce the "magic" the original run had created. That week only included "broadcasts" of a couple new episodes each of the flagship "The Tape and Record Show", "The James Stricklin Song Mirage", "The TRS Music Show", "TRS Jukebox", and a few "classic" episodes of "The Tape and Record Show".
If the resurgence had lasted longer, the two "extra" episodes of "The TRS Scrap Pile" I had edited together then in 1999 and have digitized this evening, would have eventually been added to the weekly "broadcast schedule", but alas, it never happened. I had actually forgotten about the two unaired episodes until I stumbled across them in the "archives" while digging tapes out for the conversions. I had written a 1999 copyright date on the cassette, that's how I know when the episodes were produced. I also know they went "unaired", because no "broadcast card" appears for episodes 28 or 29 in the files. Don't ask me WHERE the extra "production names" at the end of the new episodes came from, since listening to them for the first time in a couple decades, I can't remember for the life of me!
Of course, this doesn't end my digital conversion project. Still have numerous other TRSE series to finish converting, including over 400 more episodes of the flagship "Tape and Record Show" series. This just completes "The TRS Scrap Pile" series. Randy Haney's "Life of Elvis" has also been completed.