Two more longer than average "weekday" editions of the flagship Tape and Record Show Enterprises "The Tape and Record Show" series added to the digital files this evening from a mixture of the original audio tapes I recorded off TV speakers in the late 1970's and "alternative sources" used to fill the gaps in the episodes when I can't locate the tapes... "The Tape & Record Show: Episode 54. Broadcast Monday, September 3,1979 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: Who Put The Line In Gasoline?(Jerry Reed). "Gilligan's Island: Lovey's Secret Admirer" - Mr. Howell becomes outraged and jealous when he discovers that a secret admirer is sending letters to Mrs. Howell. But everyone is even more shocked when they discover that he's the one who's sending them. / Instrumental Interlude featuring music from the Harold Lloyd silent movie TV showings / "Movie: Wyoming Outlaw(1939) - Will Parker has been destroyed by a local politician and now must steal to feed his family. He steals a steer from the Three Mesquiteers.(Conclusion) / "The Little Rascals: Framing Youth" - Alfalfa is ready for his singing in the radio contest but Butch arrives to threaten manager Spanky with a black eye if he doesn't keep him from the show as Butch wants to win with his violin. The Tape & Record Show: Episode 55. Broadcast Friday, September 7,1979 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: Who Put The Line In Gasoline?(Jerry Reed). "Gilligan's Island: Splashdown" - The castaways try to contact two astronauts in a space capsule orbiting over the island, but they fail. However, they may get a second chance when an unmanned capsule they are trying to make contact with lands on the island. / "Monty Python's Flying Circus: The War Against Pornography" - Surgical tools applied to a mildly anesthetized patient include a power drill and a mallet; a TV program features a lecture on gastropods, highlighted by the visit of a whelk." Not sure exactly WHY these particular episodes were "all over the map" on days "broadcast" and episode running times. I'm fairly certain my original plan had settled on (after the first five episodes) doing one hour "broadcasts" on weekends and half hours on weekdays. However, looking at the index cards in the file boxes again after all these decades, something was happening to interrupt that plan. There are "gaps" in the "broadcast" days, where no record was written, meaning the missing days didn't have a "repeat" aired. Maybe it was "homework" from school pre-empting the plan, maybe something else. I just can't remember THAT far back! As for the sources for the two episodes digitized this evening... 1) Both episodes include the original theme music recordings I made at the time, with my higher pitched voice introducing and closing the episodes. 2) Couldn't locate the original "off air" cassettes I made of "Lovey's Secret Admirer" or the particular "Monty Python" episode used in episode 55, so improvised by extracting the audio for those two shows from the DVD releases, which I have in my collection. I only do that when I can't find my original tapes, since I prefer to keep the sound quality, for the most part, as close to the crappy way they originally sounded at the time, for authenticity. 3)I located the original tapes for the "Harold Lloyd Interstitial Music", the old public domain John Wayne B-movie western(which is good, because I don't think I could have found an alternate source for that one), the "Little Rascals" short, and the "Splashdown" Gilligan episode, so they sound just as terrible as they did in 1979. Honest question: Am I "overthinking" this archive project?? Now that I have internet, I'm researching the ACTUAL TV show episode titles, not the ones I "guessed" at on the original card files, which I'm updating for these progress reports. Sometimes I wonder if I'm "overthinking" myself, but I'm now "determined" to do as much as possible. Also: WHY is it, that the most problems I run across with the oldest cassettes are the ones from Radio Shack? The el-cheapo Certrons, Intermagnetics, Tracs, Alcons, etc.(three-packs less than $5 at the time) seem to be giving me less hassle than the nearly $3/each Radio Shack varieties. You'd expect the opposite!