A Corral and Some Flagships
My Tape and Record Show Enterprises archives digitizations this evening...
"Paul's Country Corral: Episode 29. Broadcast Wednesday, September 24, 1986 at 7:30pm central. Theme Music: Soul to Soul(Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble). Songs: Back Side of Thirty(John Connelly), She's Playing Hell Trying To Get Me To Heaven(George Strait), Bandy The Rodeo Clown(Moe Bandy), T-Bone Shuffle(Albert Collins/Robert Cray/Johnny Copeland), One More Weekend(Bob Dylan), Looking Out My Back Door(Creedence Clearwater Revival)."
"The Tape & Record Show: Episode 51. Broadcast Monday, August 27,1979 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: Who Put The Line In Gasoline?(Jerry Reed). "Gilligan's Island: Court-Martial" - The Professor recreates the Minnow voyage to disprove a Maritime Board charge that The Skipper was responsible for the wreck of the Minnow, but their efforts prove that the person to blame for the wreck is actually Gilligan.
The Tape & Record Show: Episode 52. Broadcast Saturday, September 1,1979 at 2:00pm central. Theme Music: Who Put The Line In Gasoline?(Jerry Reed). "The Beverly Hillbillies: Cabin in Beverly Hills" - Mr. Drysdale gets Jed's old cabin from back home and sets it up in the Clampett's backyard to surprise Granny on her birthday. / "Petticoat Junction: The Butler Did It" - Bobbie Jo enters a contest sponsored by Gibney's Old English Tomato Sauce and wins first prize - an English butler. / "Green Acres: Oliver's Double" - An embezzler who's a dead ringer for Oliver hides out in Pixley with his wife until the heat is off. Eb spots the crook kissing his moll and assumes it's Oliver cheating on "Mom." / Instrumental Interlude featuring music from the Harold Lloyd silent movie TV showings.
The Tape & Record Show: Episode 53. Broadcast Sunday, September 2,1979 at 2:00pm central. Theme Music: Who Put The Line In Gasoline?(Jerry Reed). "Carol Burnett and Company: Guest Penny Marshall" - Rocko 37 (a spoof of Rocky sequels), The Perfect Stewardess, The Farmer's Wife, Salute to Horror Movies. / Instrumental Interlude featuring music from the Harold Lloyd silent movie TV showings / "Movie: Wyoming Outlaw(1939)" - Will Parker has been destroyed by a local politician and now must steal to feed his family. He steals a steer from the Three Mesquiteers.(Part One)."
The episode of Paul Morrison's "Country Corral" was the one broadcast two weeks after the episode James Stricklin guested on as "Jacob J. Welsh", so of course Paul had to reference that episode in this one. He referred to James as "psychotic" and "almost as bad as Randy (Haney)". He also mentioned a big record sale at "Howard Brothers", which would probably be over by the time the show aired. Of course, "Howard Brothers" itself has since been "over" for a few decades now.
Episode 51 is the start of me not being able to locate the original audio cassettes of the recordings I made back in the late 1970's of TV shows, by holding the microphone of the portable monophonic cassette recorder to the TV speaker. Those were the tapes I played as content for the organization's flagship "The Tape and Record Show". Even though I kept good written records of each episode from the start, I didn't really "organize" those cassettes very well, and over the years, things got misplaced, or they are on tapes not labeled thoroughly.
Whenever possible, I'm still going to try to "reassemble" the episodes the best I can. Couldn't locate the cassettes for the Gilligan's Island episode in episode 51, nor none of the three shows included in episode 52, so I "improvised". Extracted the audio for Gilligan, the Hillbillies, and Green Acres from my DVD collection. Didn't have season three of "Petticoat Junction", but found a copy of the episode I needed on "Dailymotion" and ripped the audio from there. Since it was a well worn 16mm syndication print someone uploaded, the sound quality makes it a bit more "authentic" to the way the show would have sounded recording the local TV station's well worn 16mm print when it aired and I recorded it originally. Luckily, I was able to locate the original cassettes needed for episode 53, because as far as I know, you can't find a complete "Carol Burnett and Company" episode these days. It was a four episode summer series aired in 1979 on ABC-TV.
Normally, "The Tape and Record Show" at the time would consist of half hour episodes on weekdays and one hour episodes on weekends. Being I apparently didn't "broadcast" episodes Tuesday through Friday that week (not even repeats, since I also documented the repeats), I attempted to make up for "lost time" by "broadcasting" three 90 minute episodes in a row, even one on a Monday. Can't explain my "logic" at the time, it was TOO many years ago to remember WHAT I was thinking!

"Paul's Country Corral: Episode 29. Broadcast Wednesday, September 24, 1986 at 7:30pm central. Theme Music: Soul to Soul(Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble). Songs: Back Side of Thirty(John Connelly), She's Playing Hell Trying To Get Me To Heaven(George Strait), Bandy The Rodeo Clown(Moe Bandy), T-Bone Shuffle(Albert Collins/Robert Cray/Johnny Copeland), One More Weekend(Bob Dylan), Looking Out My Back Door(Creedence Clearwater Revival)."
"The Tape & Record Show: Episode 51. Broadcast Monday, August 27,1979 at 5:00pm central. Theme Music: Who Put The Line In Gasoline?(Jerry Reed). "Gilligan's Island: Court-Martial" - The Professor recreates the Minnow voyage to disprove a Maritime Board charge that The Skipper was responsible for the wreck of the Minnow, but their efforts prove that the person to blame for the wreck is actually Gilligan.
The Tape & Record Show: Episode 52. Broadcast Saturday, September 1,1979 at 2:00pm central. Theme Music: Who Put The Line In Gasoline?(Jerry Reed). "The Beverly Hillbillies: Cabin in Beverly Hills" - Mr. Drysdale gets Jed's old cabin from back home and sets it up in the Clampett's backyard to surprise Granny on her birthday. / "Petticoat Junction: The Butler Did It" - Bobbie Jo enters a contest sponsored by Gibney's Old English Tomato Sauce and wins first prize - an English butler. / "Green Acres: Oliver's Double" - An embezzler who's a dead ringer for Oliver hides out in Pixley with his wife until the heat is off. Eb spots the crook kissing his moll and assumes it's Oliver cheating on "Mom." / Instrumental Interlude featuring music from the Harold Lloyd silent movie TV showings.
The Tape & Record Show: Episode 53. Broadcast Sunday, September 2,1979 at 2:00pm central. Theme Music: Who Put The Line In Gasoline?(Jerry Reed). "Carol Burnett and Company: Guest Penny Marshall" - Rocko 37 (a spoof of Rocky sequels), The Perfect Stewardess, The Farmer's Wife, Salute to Horror Movies. / Instrumental Interlude featuring music from the Harold Lloyd silent movie TV showings / "Movie: Wyoming Outlaw(1939)" - Will Parker has been destroyed by a local politician and now must steal to feed his family. He steals a steer from the Three Mesquiteers.(Part One)."
The episode of Paul Morrison's "Country Corral" was the one broadcast two weeks after the episode James Stricklin guested on as "Jacob J. Welsh", so of course Paul had to reference that episode in this one. He referred to James as "psychotic" and "almost as bad as Randy (Haney)". He also mentioned a big record sale at "Howard Brothers", which would probably be over by the time the show aired. Of course, "Howard Brothers" itself has since been "over" for a few decades now.
Episode 51 is the start of me not being able to locate the original audio cassettes of the recordings I made back in the late 1970's of TV shows, by holding the microphone of the portable monophonic cassette recorder to the TV speaker. Those were the tapes I played as content for the organization's flagship "The Tape and Record Show". Even though I kept good written records of each episode from the start, I didn't really "organize" those cassettes very well, and over the years, things got misplaced, or they are on tapes not labeled thoroughly.
Whenever possible, I'm still going to try to "reassemble" the episodes the best I can. Couldn't locate the cassettes for the Gilligan's Island episode in episode 51, nor none of the three shows included in episode 52, so I "improvised". Extracted the audio for Gilligan, the Hillbillies, and Green Acres from my DVD collection. Didn't have season three of "Petticoat Junction", but found a copy of the episode I needed on "Dailymotion" and ripped the audio from there. Since it was a well worn 16mm syndication print someone uploaded, the sound quality makes it a bit more "authentic" to the way the show would have sounded recording the local TV station's well worn 16mm print when it aired and I recorded it originally. Luckily, I was able to locate the original cassettes needed for episode 53, because as far as I know, you can't find a complete "Carol Burnett and Company" episode these days. It was a four episode summer series aired in 1979 on ABC-TV.
Normally, "The Tape and Record Show" at the time would consist of half hour episodes on weekdays and one hour episodes on weekends. Being I apparently didn't "broadcast" episodes Tuesday through Friday that week (not even repeats, since I also documented the repeats), I attempted to make up for "lost time" by "broadcasting" three 90 minute episodes in a row, even one on a Monday. Can't explain my "logic" at the time, it was TOO many years ago to remember WHAT I was thinking!
